Yard Waste Collection
The 2014 yard waste collection program begins Monday, April 7, 2014. Properly prepared yard waste should be set at the curb on the same day as your regularly scheduled recycling collection.
- Yard waste should be placed in biodegradable brown paper yard waste bags or cans clearly marked "Yard Waste."
- Yard waste stickers are not required. Registration for this service is not necessary.
- Yard waste in plastic bags cannot be collected or received at composting facilities. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Branches and brush should be tied (with cloth rope-not plastic cord) into bundles no larger than 4 feet by 2 feet. Individual tree limbs should be no longer than 6 inches in diameter.
- All types of yard waste are accepted, including: grass clippings, leaves, branches and brush.
- Don't place yard waste in your recycling cart.
Please compost yard waste at home whenever possible.
Grass clippings can be left on the lawn instead of bagged.
Yard Waste Drop-Off Sites
Hamilton County also offers seasonal yard-waste drop-off sites. (Please be sure to check dates and hours.)