Yard Waste Collection
April 1, 2013 through January 10, 2014, City crews will collect properly prepared yard waste for composting, separate from regular residential garbage.
This will be a bi-weekly service. Residents should set out properly prepared yard waste on the same day as their regularly scheduled recycling collection.
- Yard waste should be placed in biodegradable brown paper yard waste bags or cans clearly marked "Yard Waste."
- Yard waste stickers are not required. Registration for this service is not necessary.
- Yard waste in plastic bags cannot be collected or received at composting facilities. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Branches and brush should be tied (with cloth rope-not plastic cord) into bundles no larger than 4 feet by 2 feet. Individual tree limbs should be no longer than 6 inches in diameter.
- All types of yard waste are accepted, including: grass clippings, leaves, branches and brush.
- Don't place yard waste in your recycling cart.
Please compost yard waste at home whenever possible.
Grass clippings can be left on the lawn instead of bagged.
Yard Waste Drop-Off Sites
You may also take your yard waste to any of these Hamilton County drop-off sites. They're open Saturdays and Sundays, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East: Bzak Landscaping - 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32), Anderson Township.
- West: Kuliga Park - 6717 Bridgetown Road, Green Township
- North: Rumpke Landfill - Struble Road and Colerain Avenue, Colerain Township
Bzak Landscaping is also open during the week, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in addition to the weekend hours. Closed May 27, July 4, Sept. 2, 2013.