Cincinnati Police Department
The Cincinnati Police Department is the primary law enforcement agency for the City of Cincinnati and provides a full range of police services to 52 diverse neighborhoods. The Department currently maintains approximately 1000 sworn officers and 125 civilian employees. Led by the Police Chief, law enforcement operations are divided among three Bureaus: Patrol, Investigations and Support.
Our department is committed to providing excellent police service to every citizen, business owner and visitor. The problem-solving philosophy is our Department’s principal strategy for addressing crime and disorder problems. We strive to increase safety, improve the community’s quality of life and prevent crime through a myriad of collaborative, engaged, evidence-based policing strategies. Problem oriented policing requires taking ownership of a community as a police officer, a city worker, a social service agent, an outreach worker, a resident, a businessperson, and a property owner.
The Cincinnati Police Department takes pride in continually advancing and encouraging innovative strategies to prevent crime. We utilize strategic and tactical analysis to focus our efforts on patterns of crime involving specific locations, repeat victims and habitual offenders. Many of these efforts and strategies have gained worldwide recognition for both the police department and the City of Cincinnati. More importantly, the problem-solving philosophy has contributed to a strong, cohesive and team-oriented bond between law enforcement and the community. This ever-growing partnership continues to help decrease crime and improve the quality of life for all.
The Cincinnati Police Department will be recognized as the standard of excellence in policing.
The Cincinnati Police Department will develop personnel and manage resources to promote effective partnerships with the community to improve the quality of life through the delivery of fair and impartial police services while maintaining an atmosphere of respect for human dignity.
- Integrity: Our actions and relationship with the community are guided by an internal sense of honesty and morality.
- Professionalism: Our conduct and demeanor display the highest standard of personal and organizational excellence.
- Diversity: Our members recognize differences as a strength in our organization and community.
- Accountability: Our duty is to promote public trust by upholding our obligations to the department and community.
- Vigilance: Our responsibility is to be alert to issues and activities impacting our community.