How to File A Damage Claim
A claimant must provide the following information to the Greater Cincinnati Water Works:
- Written statement describing the incident
- Dated pictures of the damage, if available
- Written statement of costs incurred, including copies of any relevant invoices and paid receipts
- Copy of all claimant’s insurance coverage relevant to this claim showing all deductibles
- Copy of written evidence that insurance has denied your claim
To file a claim, mail or fax this form to:
Damage Claims - Ann Turner
Greater Cincinnati Water Works
4747 Spring Grove Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45232
If you have questions, call 513-591-6718 and leave a detailed message and someone from the Damage Claims Department will respond.
Section 2744.05 (B) of the Ohio Revised Code limits the rights of a person who has a claim against a municipal corporation to the amount of the loss sustained less the total of all insurance benefits the person is entitled to receive under all applicable insurance policies.
The net effect of this provision is that the City of Cincinnati is liable only for the payment of your insurance deductible and any other item of damage of expense not covered by your insurance policy.