Streetcar Vehicle Renderings
Renderings For Cincinnati Streetcar Vehicles
Renderings from streetcar vehicle manufacturer CAF USA show what the Cincinnati Streetcar will look like.
The Cincinnati Streetcar team gathered community input to guide the design. LPK helped the team hold a 40-person community input session. The project team brought several designs before a group of about 20 community member to review some final choices.
Mayor Mark Mallory and City Manager Milton Dohoney Jr. then selected the final design.
CAF USA is manufacturing the vehicles. They will be the first 100% low-floor rail vehicles in the United States – making them one of, if not the, most accessible streetcars in the US.
Production on vehicle components will start in early November.
Other key facts:
- 154-person capacity
- Has 32 seats, including 6 that fold up to make room for strollers, wheelchairs and bicycles
- Can fit 4-6 bicycles with other passengers
- Self service for people with wheelchairs (unlike buses)
- Level boarding to the curb means easy access for wheelchairs, for people with visual impairment or mobility issues
- Taking kids in strollers, shopping carts is very easy
- Final assembly will take place in Elmira, NY late summer 2014
- First vehicle arrives in March 2015; remaining 4 vehicles arrive after that
CAF USA a subsidiary of CAF (Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, S.A.) an international market leader in the design, manufacture, maintenance, and supply of equipment and components for railway systems.