Construction Contract Signed
Construction Contract Signed For Phase I Of Cincinnati Streetcar
This morning, the City signed a contract for construction of the Cincinnati Streetcar system with Messer/Prus/Delta JV.
With this contract now signed, the City has issued Notice to Proceed to the Messer team.
- materials will be ordered
- preparation for construction of the trackway, Maintenance & Operations Facility (MOF) at Race & Henry streets, power system (including overhead power lines & substations) and station stops can begin immediately
"On behalf of the project team, we’re proud to be part of this exciting development in our hometown. Our team brings the right expertise to the table. Local firms Messer and Prus have more than 80 years of experience working in Cincinnati, with Messer managing complex commercial construction projects and Prus performing extensive downtown roadway and utility reconstruction projects. Delta is recognized as one of the nation's premier railroad construction and engineering companies. We're committed to delivering a safe, quality and inclusive project for the City of Cincinnati. You've got the right people on the job," Mark Luegering, senior vice president, Messer Construction Co.
The City will provide $492,933 in additional funding and revisions to the completion milestone dates because of the delay between the anticipated Notice to Proceed date of April 8, 2013 and today. The new value of the contract will be $71.4 million.
|Increased material expense||$240,000|
|Increased labor & equipment||$215,648|
|Increased cold weather protection||$30,000|
|Increased bonding costs||$7,285|
After this funding has been added, approximately $9.4 million will remain in project contingency.
New Contract Milestones
The new contract milestone dates will be as follows:
|Milestone||Original Contract Dates||New Contract Dates|
|OTR Loop & MOF substantial completion||June 15, 2014|
|3000 ft test track & MOF substantial completion||July 15, 2014||March 1, 2015|
|Substantial Completion of OTR Loop||March 1, 2015||June 29, 2015|
|Substantial Completion of All Work||October 1, 2015||March 15, 2016|
|Passenger Service||April 2, 2016||September 15, 2016|
Utility Relocation Work
Work continues in Over-the-Rhine and the Central Business District on utility relocation for the Cincinnati streetcar.
Over the past weekend, Duke contractor Intrens relocated underground electrical facilities along Walnut Street at 5th Street. Work will continue along Walnut, and gas main relocation along Elm Street in Over-the-Rhine is expected to begin this week.
- Construction contract between the City and Messer/Prus/Delta JV
- Work in a trench at 5th & Walnut for Duke electrical facility relocation
- Duke contractor Intrens pours a new manhole lid at the northwest corner of 5th & Walnut
- Intrens sets a new manhole vault on the southwest corner of 5th & Walnut
- Intrens removes sidewalk for relocated electrical conduit on Walnut between 4th and 5th
- Duke unloading new gas main pipes