View the latest news from Greater Cincinnati Water Works.
- September 25, 2013
- WCPO Channel 9 visited GCWW’s Richard Miller Plant to learn more about our new UV disinfection treatment facility
Watch their story.
- September 24, 2013
- WVXU’s Ann Thompson examines how Cincinnati became a world water leader
Listen and/or read her report.
- September 23, 2013
- Fox 19 learns why Cincinnati’s water will soon be even cleaner
Watch their story.
- July 16, 2013
- Cincinnati Leading Transformative Utility Management Approach
Utility leaders from around the country joined with Greater Cincinnati Water Works (GCWW) and the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati (MSD) today, to talk about sophisticated management approaches, innovative green infrastructure techniques and new utility-to-utility partnerships that are transforming the way utilities think and operate.
These innovative changes, designed to keep costs low while also maintaining high quality utility services, are in reaction to increasing regulatory pressures, strained utility budgets and skyrocketing capital expenses. Read more.
- May 8, 2013
- Get to Know Your H20 – It’s Drinking Water Week
How much do you know about your H20? Greater Cincinnati Water Works’ (GCWW) 2012 Water Quality Report shows its water met or exceeded every health standard developed by both the USEPA and Ohio EPA. GCWW is announcing the release of its Water Quality Report during Drinking Water Week, which runs May 5 – 11. The report is now being mailed to Water Works customers.
- April 17, 2013
- City of Cincinnati Using Abundance of Water to Attract Interest in Industrial Site
The City of Cincinnati is offering an abundance of water – up to 50 million gallons daily – to attract interest from high water users in a developable 18-acre industrial site known as MetroWest Commerce Park.
- March 18, 2013
- Cincinnati Announces Collaboration to Establish a Global Water Technology Hub
Cincinnati City Manager Milton Dohoney has announced collaborative partnership with GCWW, MSD, regional stakeholders and utilities in Israel and Canada to establish a utility-based “water technology innovation hub” that will bring water technologies from idea to market. To read more, click here.
- March 14, 2013
- MSD, Water Works Featured as Industry Leaders in National Water Report
A new water industry report showcases the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati’s and Greater Cincinnati Water Works’ leading use of asset management practices. To read more, click here.
- February 8, 2013
- Slowing Rise of Water Rates
Greater Cincinnati Water Works and the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati are working together to lower costs in effort to reduce the financial burden placed on customers. The Cincinnati Business Courier highlights the effort and gives its thoughts on the collaboration.
- December 19, 2012
- Enquirer Article: Facts About Water Rates
Today’s Cincinnati Enquirer reported incorrect information regarding increasing costs for water. Greater Cincinnati Water Works was granted a 7.25% rate increase by Cincinnati City Council --not a 7.5% rate increase as reported in The Cincinnati Enquirer.
- More Results: