Trips & Travel
Make New Friends, See The World
Have the travel bug? The Cincinnati Recreation Commission schedules dozens of getaways every year, both near and far, for adults of all ages.
It's a great way to make new friends and get out and see the world!
Don't see a specific location in which you're interested? We may be able to make arrangements for you.
Trips Offered By Collette Vacation
Collette Vacation preview meetings are held at the Dunham Recreation Center.
Sept. 24-30, 2013 - South Dakota, The Black Hills & Badlands - Highlights include: 1180 Train, Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills Gold, Crazy Horse Memorial, Needle Highway, Custer State Park, Chuckwagon Supper, Hot Springs, Deadwood, Badlands National Park and Wall Drug Store
• Travel back in time aboard the 1880 steam locomotive train as it winds through the forest and beautiful scenery.
• See Crazy Horse Memorial, the world's largest sculpture still in progress.
• Discover the vibrant colors and rock formations in Badlands National Park.
• Explore the legends in the city of Deadwood, home to Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane.
Nov. 30 - Dec/. 5, 2013 - Southern Charm Holiday - Highlights include :Historic Charleston, Boone Hall Plantation, Beaufort, Savannah, Factors, Walk and Jekyll Island
• Explore the charming City Market.
• Enjoy the guided tour of Charleston's historic homes and restored buildings adorned with outstanding 18th-century Christmas decorations.
• See Fort Sumter where the first shots of the Civil War were fired.
• Take in the southern plantation living during the holiday season at stately Boone Hall, one of America's oldest working plantations.
• Visit the charming town of Beaufort, the "Queen of the Carolina Sea Islands."
• Travel to Jekyll Island for your tour of the Jekyll Island Historic Landmark District-one of the nation's largest restoration projects.
The following trips may be booked directly through Collette Vacations; collettevacations.com, There are many dates available in 2014, be sure to mention our promotional code to receive a $50/person discount. The code is; U001-AX1-918. Happy traveling!
Northern National Parks - Highlights: Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, Oregon Trail Museum, Yellowstone National Park, Old Faithful, Grand Teton national Park.
• Marvel at the unspoiled beauty of Yellowstone National Park and see the world-famous Old Faithful Geyser erupt!
• Enjoy the stunning beauty of the incredible peaks of the Grand Tetons.
• Enjoy a relaxing 4-night stay in Jackson, Wyoming.
London & Paris - Highlights: Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Theatre Performance, Eurostar Train, Eiffel Tower Dinner, Seine River Cruise, Arc de Triomphe, Paradis Latin Cabaret
o Departure Dares: 2014 - April 3, 24
• Enjoy one of London's spectacular theatre performances.
• Cross the English Channel aboard the innovative high speed Eurostar Train.
• dinner at the Eiffel Tower features wonderful French cuisine and breathtaking views of Paris.
Hawaiian Adventure - Highlights: Waikiki Beach, Pearl Harbor, Dole Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center, Kilohana Plantation, Waimea Canyon, Kauai Coffee Company, Iao Valley Monument, Lahaina, Polynesian Luau
• Remember Pearl harbor as you visit the USS Arizona Memorial.
• Stand in awe before the breathtaking Waimea Canyon, considered the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific."
• Experience one of Hawaii's best Polynesian luaus featuring endless tropical drinks and a sumptuous feast.
South Pacific Wonders - Highlights: Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, Sydney Opera House, Mount Cook National Park, Queenstown, Arrowtown, Milford Sound
o Departure Dates: 2014 - January 13; February 18; March 18; April 22
• Take in the sights during a delightful dinner cruise of Sydney Harbour.
• Capture the amazing scenery of the fjords of New Zealand on a cruise of Milford Sound.
• Visit a Canterbury farmyard to see a sheep shearing demonstration and learn how this New Zealand family farm works.
Trip deposit is due several months prior to departure; see specific trip for due dates. All prices listed are per person, based on double occupancy.