Therapeutic Recreation Aquatics Programs
CRC's Aquatics Division strives for inclusiveness through aquatics programs that include social interaction for you or someone you know who has autism, cerebral palsy, arthritis, is recovering from any injury or a stroke, and persons with any disability.
The programs offers trained staff for a variety of group and individual instruction and are designed to include all ability levels, incorporating the Red Cross Swim Progression.
Family Water Safety Days
Family Water Safety Day events give parents, grandparents and support staff a chance to learn how to keep children safe in an aquatic environment and how to safeguard homes and pools.
This is also a great time to swim as a family in our warm-water therapy pool and ask our trained Adapted Aquatics instructors, lifeguards, water safety instructors, and recreation therapist questions on facilitating learn to swim skills and safety in a fun environment for the whole family.
Components Of Water Safety Events
- Information on Learn To Swim programs
- In-water swim skill support & family-fun swim
- Basic water rescue
- CPR/First Aid information
- Water safety techniques
- Answers about participating in water activities
- Disability-specific information
Warm Water Adapted Aquatics
Warm Water Adapted Aquatics is designed to include participants of all ability levels, incorporate the Red Cross Swim Progression, the Therapeutic Recreation Sequential Swim Progression for individuals with disabilities.
- Location: LeBlond Pool, 2335 Riverside Dr.
- Cost: $100
- Tuesdays/Thursdays: 4:30 to 5:10 p.m., 5:15 to 5:55 p.m. & 6 to 6:40 p.m.
Sharks Swim Team
Dry Land Strength Training is included in this program.
Practice: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 6:45 to 8:15 p.m.
Location: LeBlond Recreation Center, 235 Eastern Ave.
Cost: $100 (includes CRC Pool Membership and participation in citywide swim meet)
Pool benefits of aquatic exercise:
- Relieve and decrease pain and stiffness
- Exercise without straining joints and muscles
- Friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Make new friends and try new activities
- Decrease feelings of depression and isolation
- Improve independence and self-esteem
- Gain strength and flexibility
Please consult your physician prior to registration, and please contact us if you’re unsure about your ability to participate physically.
Location: Mt. Auburn Pool, 270 Southern Ave.
Cost: $40 for 10 classes, or $72 for 20 classes
- Tuesdays from 3:15 to 4 p.m.
- Fridays from 1:15 to 2 p.m.
Those Needing Assistance
If someone needs assistance in order to successfully participate, you can request an accommodation. Our Inclusion Team will assist individuals with disabilities while participating in aquatic programs.
The Inclusion staff will:
- Assist in identifying a Cincinnati Recreation Commission aquatic program that fits your needs and interests.
- Assist in the process of registering and if necessary requesting an accommodation.
- Assist pool staff and instructors in providing necessary accommodation and other supports for successful participation.