Streetcar Progress Update: Oct. 4, 2013
Streetcar Progress Update
Week Ending Oct. 4, 2013
There has been a lot of highly visible progress this week -- on both the trackwork and at the Maintenance & Operations Facility site.
Rebuilding Roofs For Manholes
Duke Energy's electrical contractor, Intren, is rebuilding a series of manhole roofs along the south side of Washington Park. To help them expedite their work, Intren has permission to close the westbound lanes of 12th Street between Race and Elm streets (1 block).
The detour is brief for westbound vehicles and bicyclists: Left on Race Street, right on Central Parkway, and right on Elm Street.
Progress For This Week
- Demolition and basement backfilling for the Maintenance and Operations Facility continued at Henry & Race streets.
- Exploratory digging for utilities started on Elm Street between 14th & 15th streets.
- Conduit installation for traffic signals continued in the area of Elm and Liberty streets, and at Race Street and Central Parkway.
- Water main installation continued on Central Parkway near Vine and Walnut streets.
- New sewer work started on Elm Street just south of Liberty Street.
- On Elm Street near Music Hall, work continued on removal of granite pavers, existing pavement and old rails. Track slab undercutting & proof-rolling continued.
- Duke Energy performed underground gas work on Elm Street from 14th to Wades streets; and on Race Street near Elder Street.
- Duke also performed underground electrical work on Walnut Street from 7th Street to Central Parkway.
- Sewer work continued on Elm Street near Washington Park.
- Cincinnati Bill conducted work on 12th Street between Race and Elm streets; on Elm between 14th and 15th; on Elm near Findlay; and on Race near Findlay.
- Notification to businesses and residents started on Elm Street from 15th to Wade streets.
Planned For Next Week
- Water main installation will continue near Central Parkway and Walnut Street. Work will start on Walnut Street from Central Parkway to 9th Street.
- Conduit installation for traffic signals will continue on Elm from 14th to 15th streets; and on Race Street at Central Parkway. Work will start on Race Street near Findlay Street.
- Exploratory digging will start on Race Street next to SCPA; and on Walnut Street between 7th and 9th streets.
- New sewer work will continue on Elm Street between Wade and Green streets.
- Backfilling & removal of debris at Henry & Race streets will continue at the Maintenance and Operations Facility site.
- On Elm Street near Music Hall, work will continue to prepare for trackwork. Traffic will be limited to 1 lane, and the Elm Street entrance to Washington Park Garage will remain closed.
- Pavement removal will start on Elm Street from 14th to 15th streets.
- Duke Energy will perform underground gas work near Henry and Race streets; and on Race Street from Henry to Elder streets.
- Sewer work will continue on Elm Street from 12th to 15th streets.
- Duke will be doing underground electrical work on 12th Street from Vine to Elm streets. The westbound lane of 12th Street may be closed between Race and Elm streets.
- Cincinnati Bell will be doing work on Walnut Street between 6th and 7th streets; and on Elm between 14th and 15th streets.
- Most demolition work is finished at the Maintenance & Operations Facility site. Backfilling of the basements continues.
- Messer/Prus/Delta installed an under drain to carry water that seeps into the ground between pavers.
- The trench on Elm Street in front of Music Hall gets ready for...
- ...a concrete pour! Workers poured this slab Wednesday along Elm Street for the granite pavers.