In Talks With Construction Contractor
Streetcar Moves Forward With Additional Funding
On Wednesday, Cincinnati City Council officially approved an additional $17.4 million for the Cincinnati Streetcar project.
The Cincinnati Streetcar Project Team is now in talks with Messer/Prus/Delta Railroad JV ("MPD"), the low bidder on the construction portion of the project.
Once the City signs a contract with MPD, they'll be working to develop a more detailed construction schedule for the coming years.
We'll provide updates about construction activities and important milestones through the streetcar newsletter, this Cincinnati Streetcar website, mainstream news outlets and social media. (If you want to be in-the-know, subscribe to the newsletter by entering your email address in the form on the right-hand side of this page.)
In the meantime, utility relocation will continue in the Central Business District and Over-the-Rhine.
If you have any questions about construction activities related to the streetcar, please call Dave Krusling at 513-352-3479.
Greater Cincinnati Water Works has completed street restoration from water main installation.
Cincinnati Bell continues to rebuild manholes on 12th Street.
Duke is installing explosion-resistant frames and covers throughout CBD and reconstructing electric vaults on Walnut Street.
We've worked to make this website more user-friendly by reorganizing it and adding some new information.
Specifically, you can now easily find:
- Background & Benefits: Why we're building a streetcar, and what it's designed to achieve
- Route & Design: Where the streetcar will go, and what it will look like
- Funding: How the City is paying for the streetcar
- Progress & Updates: News about the streetcar's progress (including these newsletters)
- Outreach & Education: What's been done to educate and involve citizens, and how to request a presentation
- Reference Documents: The Feasibility Study, Environmental Impact Assessment and more
Hello, New Neighbors!
You've probably already heard about Rhinegeist, the new brewery opening this weekend at Henry and Elm streets in Over-the-Rhine.
But did you know they're right by a streetcar stop and next door to where the Streetcar Maintenance and Operations Facility (the Streetcar's "home") will be built?
Learn more about Rhinegeist here, and say hello to the Streetcar's new neighbors!