Energy Efficiency & Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG)
This is a formula grant program, allocated through the US Department of Energy, to fund projects that reduce fossil fuel emissions, total energy use, and improve energy efficiency in all sectors. Cincinnati is eligible for up to $3,520,600.
The Administration submitted a report (Doc. #200900661) to City Council dated May 4, 2009 outlining the recommended allocation plan for this funding. The plan was developed under the guidance of the Office of Environmental Quality (OEQ), who solicited input from City departments and other stakeholders. An amended plan was approved by City Council (Doc. 200900799) on June 3, 2009. The deadline for submitting the City’s application is June 25, 2009.
- Memo on EECBG Formula grant
- Report (Doc. #200900661) recommending the EECBG allocation plan dated May 4, 2009
- Amended report (Doc. #200900799) approved by City Council June 3, 2009.
- EECBG program information
- US Dept. of Energy Recovery Website