Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund Program (CWSRLF)
This program, administered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides funding for water quality protection projects for wastewater treatment, nonpoint source pollution control, and watershed and estuary management. $5 million in funding has been announced for five Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati (MSD) projects.
Ohio EPA conducted a solicitation for projects among Ohio jurisdictions and announced awards on April 23, 2009. ARRA funding is provided as a subsidy to reduce the principal on loans awarded through CWSRLF. $5.0 million in funding was announced for five Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati (MSD) projects:
- Charlemar Sewer Replacement - $266,700
- Hengehold Pump Station Elimination - $720,270
- Kemper Lane Sewer Repair - $556,651
- Mill Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements - $1,345,000
- Little Miami River Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements - $2,111,379
The Mill Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements funding was subsequently reallocated to the Little Miami River Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements fund.
The Office of Environmental Quality also submitted a grant application for $5 million to expand their Green Roof Loan Program. The OEQ's Green Roof Loan Program (GRLP) is an incentive program that promotes the use of vegetated green roofs in the Cincinnati community by facilitating low-interest loans to participating residents to help cover up-front expenses for installing green roofs on new buildings and/or retrofitting existing buildings.
- MSD Release on ARRA Funding
- Ohio EPA Clean Water Stimulus Project information
- US EPA Clean Water Recovery Website