New Trash Cart Collection Begins: October 7, 2013
There are important changes coming to the City’s trash and recycling efforts in October of 2013. Be ready with this update….
Important Changes Include:
- TRASH: All trash must fit into black city-issued carts.
- MIXED USE & COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS: The City will no longer pick up trash from buildings with five or more units, commercial buildings, and mixed-use buildings.
- NEW RECYCLING FACILITY TO OPEN: This fall Rumpke will open one of the largest and technically advanced residential recycling centers in the U.S.
- YARD WASTE: Yard waste is collected every-other week on the same day as recycling. DON’T MIX trash or construction debris with yard waste. Tie branches and brush in bundles less than 48" long and no more than 40 lbs. Please use containers marked "Yard Waste" or yard waste bags.
- ADDITIONAL CARTS AVAILABLE: Residents can request additional recycling carts if needed.
- Have your trash at the curb by 6 a.m.
- Fully close the lid on your cart
- Leave your trash cart behind if you move
- Use your city-issued recycling cart to reduce amount of trash waste
Did You Know...
More than half of what is tossed in your trash could be recycled?
You can save space in your trash can and help your community by recycling!
Recycling Is As Easy As 1-2-3:
- Fill your recycling cart with acceptable items, No sorting necessary! See Recycling Chart below for acceptable items.
- Place your cart at the curb before 6 a.m. every other week on collection day.
- Bring your cart back in at the end of the day.
Don’t know when your recycling is collected? Download your Collection Calendar.
- Plastic bottles & jugs (flatten/reattached lid)
- Glass bottles & jars (any color)
- Aluminum cans
- Metal cans & lids
- Tin cans
- Aerosol cans (with lids/tips removed)
- Newspaper & inserts
- Magazines & catalogs
- Junk mail
- Phone books
- Paper grocery bags
- Cereal & snack boxes
- Cardboard (flatten or cut to fit in the cart)
- Clean pizza boxes (free of food and grease)
Need a recycling cart or a larger trash cart? Call 513-352-3500 or visit 5916000.com.