Thanks for a Great Summer!
Thank you, Cincinnati, for one of CRC’s best summer seasons yet! Here are highlights of just some of CRC’s many activities.
- All pools were open this summer, and, thanks to a donation from Crossroads, some were open on Sundays. Countless kids of all ages cooled off in our pools and spraygrounds. READ MORE
To start the summer season, CRC celebrated two grand openings at Pleasant Ridge and McKie Pools. Both pool renovations were part of multi-million dollar makeovers at each center. Because of the upgrades at each pool, the areas are now completely accessible. READ MORE
- This summer, it became even easier to ride a Metro bus to a CRC facility. All you have to do is look for the CRC logo on bus stop signs. READ MORE
- CRC recreation centers are now Free Wi-Fi Hotspots. Using Wi-Fi, CRC visitors enjoy seamless work- and play-messaging on their laptops, smart phones or tablets. READ MORE
- The 17th year of RiverTrek was a successful canoeing and kayaking trip along the Little Miami River. Forty teens and 20 CRC staff had the journey of a lifetime learning outdoor skills, making new friends and camping for a week. READ MORE
- In July, CRC, the Reds Community Fund and MLB celebrated the expansion of Roselawn Park and the development of the Urban Youth Baseball Academy. Roselawn Park has been home to adult baseball as well as the home fields for Walnut Hills High School and Purcell Marian. READ MORE
- Tuesday, July 23 marked the “ground-filling” announcement regarding the arrival of a new boxing program to CRC’s Over the Rhine Recreation Center. The unused indoor pool at OTR has been filled in and the space will be home to the Cincinnati Golden Gloves for Youth and the Cincinnati Police Athletic League. READ MORE
- On Wednesday, August 7, more than 300 CRC daycamp children participated in the annual “I CAN SWIM!” Derby. The Derby was a combination of swimming skills and fun – all in conjunction with the “I CAN SWIM!” program. READ MORE
- NBC National News interviewed a group of CRC teens about their thoughts on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech. The piece aired nationally on August 21 and can be seen on CRC’s Facebook page.
- CRC partnered with the Reds Community Fund and Procter & Gamble North America Marketing to upgrade the baseball field at Hirsch Recreation Center, located in Avondale, and CRC partnered with PNC to do work at LeBlond Regional Rec Plex, located on Riverside Drive. Pictures of the work can be seen on CRC’s Facebook page.
These are just some of CRC’s exciting events that were celebrated throughout the summer. Check out our news for details on other summer events. And stay tuned for more to come…