Lifeguard Training Courses
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training courses are designed to prepare an individual for lifeguard responsibilities. Just show up and come prepared to swim! No pre-registration required.
Participants must turn 15 by the end of the lifeguard course. Attendance at every class within the course is mandatory.
Course Entrance Requirements
- 300 yard continuous swim, front crawl (100 yards), breast stroke (100 yards)
- front crawl and/or breast stroke (100 yards)
- swim 20 yards using front crawl or breast stroke, surface dive to a minimum of 7 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface with the object and swim back to thestarting point, keeping face above water and holding the 10 pound object with both hands.
Lifeguard Training Fees
- $40: Those who work full-time for CRC for the entire 2012 summer.
- $240: Tor those who do not work for CRC
Course fees include a whistle and lanyard.
Book fee is an optional $35, or participant may choose to print their own at RedCross.org.
LeBlond Boys & Girls Club
1621 Logan St. (Downtown)
All courses are held Fridays from 5:45 to 8:45 p.m., and Saturdays & Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Course 1: March 9 to 18
- Course 2: March 23 to April 1
- Course 3: April 13 to 22
- Course 4: April 27 to May 6
- Course 5: May 10 to 19
3324 Meyer Place (Westwood)
All courses are held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Course 6 (Tuesday through Saturday): May 29 to June 2
- Course 7 (Tuesday through Saturday): June 5 to 9
- Course 8 (Sunday through Friday): July 22 to 26