CAMP CRC Quick Reference Guide
Camp CRC – Summer Day Camp 2014
11 Week Summer Camp Program, June 2 – August 15, 2014
Tier A - $110/wk ($1210) – Dunham, Mt. Washington, Oakley, Pleasant Ridge, Westwood Outdoor Adventure
Tier B - $95/wk ($1045) – N. Avondale, McKie, Corryville, College Hill, Hartwell, Westwood T.H., Sayler Park
**McKie will be combined with Clifton at McKie – Tier B price - $95/wk ($1045 total) taking Tier A Trips**
Week Theme of the week Field Trip of the Week Highlight Dates
#1 “Welcome to Porkopolis!” Roller Skating June 2-June 6
#2 “Show Me the Money!” Movie Reds Rookie June 9-June 13
#3 “Be Happy, Be Healthy!” Bowling Reds Rookie June 16-June 20
#4 “Our Big Backyard!” A Fish Fest Swim Lessons Begin June 23-June27
B Neighborhood Park
#5 “Cincinnati’s Got Talent!” Camp Talent Show Swim Lessons June 30-July 3/off 4
No camp July 4
#6 “Work the Water!” Coney Island, Wed. July 9 Swim Lessons July 7-July11
#7 “Cincinnati on the Go!” A Museum Ctr./Omnimax Swim Lessons July 14-July 18
B Metro Trip/downtown Swim Lessons
Lunch on square
#8 “If You Build It!” Laser Tag Swim Lessons/Rivertrek July21-July 25
#9 “Strengthening Tomorrow!” A Reds Game Swim Lessons End July 28-Aug 1
B Fish Fest
#10 “I CAN SWIM!” A The Beach Aug 4-Aug 8
B Dunham Otto Armleder Aquatic Ctr.
#11 “Get In, Get Active!” Carnival Aug 11-Aug 15
- Deposit/Fees & Registration Process: One week of the camp fee is due at the time of registration as a non-refundable deposit. The balance is paid at the campsite; refer to the individual sites for payment schedules. Tier A = $110/wk ($1210 summer total) – Tier B = $95/wk ($1045 summer total), there are 11 week programs; camp fees cannot be reduced for partial attendance. No multi-child/family discounts. Registration ends either when camp is full, or on Friday, May 9.
- Age Range: Camp CRC is for youth 6 to 12 years of age. (5 year olds are accepted if they have completed all day Kindergarten) **Westwood Outdoor Adventure Camp is for 11 & 12 year olds only.
- Camp Dates: Camp CRC is an 11-week program, June 2 through August 15, 2014 (no Camp July 4)
- Camp Hours: The Camp Program runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Drop off time is from 7:00 – 9:00 am; pick up time is from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Drop off and pick up times are included in the cost of camp.
- Lunch and Snacks: Parents must provide lunch, snacks and drinks every day. A bagged lunch, with the child’s name and extra drinks are strongly encouraged. We also make sure campers get plenty of fluids by taking water breaks throughout the day.
- Swim Lessons: Swim lessons are provided to each child as part of the program, there is no additional fee for swim lessons.
- Open Swim Time: Frequent open swim time is scheduled as part of the program.
- Dress Code/Attire: Campers are strongly encouraged to wear gym shoes, socks and play clothes daily. They will also need to bring lunch, a drink, a swim suit, towel and sunscreen to camp each day; these should all be brought in backpack/book bag, marked with the child’s name. Open-toe shoes and sandals are not allowed.
- Group Placement: Campers are divided into camp groups of similarly aged children, CRC maintains a 15-to-1 ratio, and the youngest camp group has two (2) leaders at each site.
- Valuables: We encourage all valuables be left at home including, but not limited to cell phones, portable video game devices, digital cameras, MP3 players, and trading cards. The Cincinnati Recreation Commission and staff will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.