View the latest news from the Department of Public Services.
- March 6, 2013
- Winter Operations: March 6, 2013
City crews continue treating and plowing area roadways as snow continues to fall. Primary routes remain the focus at this time.
- March 5, 2013
- Winter Operations: March 5, 2013
As rain transitions to wintery precipitation, City crews will be out treating roadways. Significant accumulation is forecast.
- February 21, 2013
- Winter Operations: Feb. 21, 2013
Crews are focusing on area bridges and overpasses, as these will be the first to freeze once precipitation starts to fall later tonight.
- February 1, 2013
- Winter Operations: Feb. 1, 2013
Twelve-hour shifts will continue tonight and into tomorrow as dropping overnight temperatures and addition snowfall will likely result in worsening driving conditions.
- January 24, 2013
- Winter Operations: Jan. 24, 2013
City crews have been pre-treating primary streets today ahead of the forecasted Friday snow event.
- January 21, 2013
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Garbage, Recycling Pickup
Martin Luther King Jr. Day is Monday, Jan. 21, 2013. Garbage and recycling collection will be delayed by one day all week.
- January 1, 2013
- New Year's Holiday Garbage, Recycling Pickup
New Year's Day will delay garbage and recycling collection one day. Tuesday's pickup will be Wednesday, Wednesday's pickup will be Thursday, and so forth.
- December 31, 2012
- Winter Operations: Dec. 31, 2012
Crews will also be working tonight to treat hazardous road conditions as they develop.
- December 28, 2012
- Winter Operations: Dec. 28, 2012
Crews will begin working 12-hour shifts starting tonight to minimize hazardous driving conditions this weekend.
- December 27, 2012
- Winter Operations: Dec. 27, 2012 (Evening)
Extreme cold temperatures tonight will likely cause any wet ares to refreeze and create hazardous conditions.
- More Results: