Screening Committee For New Police Chief
City Manager Forms Screening Committee For New Police Chief
City Police Chief Search Ongoing
City Manager Milton Dohoney, Jr. announced today that he has assembled a screening committee to select a professional, community-oriented, knowledgeable and respectful law enforcement leader with a legacy of integrity as the next Police Chief of Cincinnati.
The members of the screening committee are:
- Ms. Anzora Adkins, President, Evanston Community Council
- Ms. Donna Jones Baker, President, Urban League of Greater Cincinnati
- Mr. Anthany Beatty, Assistant Vice President, University of Kentucky
- Mr. Bill Burwinkel, CEO National Marketshare Group
- Mr. Rick Kimbler, NorthPointe Group
- Ms. Elizabeth Sherwood, President, College Hill Forum
- Ms. Mary Stagaman, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Vice President for Regional Initiatives, Executive Director, Agenda 360
- Ms. Beth Stautberg, Vice President & General Counsel, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Pastor Enis Tait, Church of the Living God, C.W.F.F.
- David Holmes, Assistant City Manager, City of Cincinnati
- Georgetta Kelly, Director of Human Resources, City of Cincinnati
"There are no predetermined finalists. The committee is simply looking for the best person to lead our Police Department," said Dohoney.
The screening committee will review the applications and provide recommendations to the City Manager. The final hiring decision is solely the City Manager's.
As applications continue to come in the City is using several national outlets to maximize the nation-wide search pool, and inform potential candidates of the position. There are currently 13 applications that have been received; applications will be accepted until the position is filled, interviews will begin July 19, 2013, the priority application deadline. Applications can be found through the City's Human Resources website.