Police Department Frequently asked Questions
- What is the phone number to the district?
- District 1: 513-352-3505
- District 2: 513-979-4400
- District 3: 513-263-8300
- District 4: 513-569-8600
- District 5: 513-569-8500
- Who should I call to find out why the power is out in my neighborhood?
You should contact Duke Energy at 513-421-9500.
- Who should I contact due to my home telephone not working properly?
You need to contact which ever company is providing your phone service.
- How can I find out if someone is in the county jail?
You should contact the Hamilton County Justice Center at 513-946-6147.
- When the disaster sirens are activated, should I call the Police Department for information?
No. Listen to your local radio or television for current information.
- How do I get a copy of a police report?
Please contact the Cincinnati Police Record Section at 513-352-3559 or click on Records Request in the Contact Us section of the Cincinnati Police Web site.
- Where and how do I contact the Impound Lot?
The impound lot is located at 3425 Spring Grove Ave. They can be contacted at 513-352-6370.
- Who do I call if I found an injured, stray or abandoned animal?
Please contact the SPCA at 513-541-6100 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. After hours, contact them via Hamilton County Dispatch at 513-825-2280.
- Who do I contact for street closures?
Call the ARTIMIS recorded line for traffic information at 513-333-3333.
- How do I find out if I have a warrant?
You will need to go into a Cincinnati Police District with a photo ID to find out if you have any current warrants. We are unable to provide that information over the telephone.
- How do I report an accident?
If you are involved in an accident and there are injuries, you should call 911. If it is a simple accident, you can exchange information and respond into any Cincinnati Police district and make a accident report. We suggest that you do this within 24 hours of the accident. Information that should be exchanged is:
- Name, address and phone number
- Driver's license number
- Vehicle make, model, color and license plate number
- Insurance company information
- Note the date, time, location and obtain any witness information
- Who do I contact to ask questions about traffic tickets?
Call 513-946-6041 during the daytime, and 513-946-6029 or 513-946-6027 evening.
- How do I report a pothole?
If you notice a pothole on the street, please call 513-591-6000.
- What do I do if a wild animal gets into my house?
Please contact an animal removal service as found in your local phone book or call 411.
- Cincinnati Police Joins Initiative To Keep Infants Safe
Today, Cincinnati Police joined Cradle Cincinnati and United Way of Greater Cincinnati in a new "safe sleeping" initiative to prevent unnecessary infant deaths in Hamilton County and the City of Cincinnati due to co-sleeping.
- Cincinnati Police Department teams up with United Way
Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati Police Department is announcing a new fundraiser to support the 2014 United Way Campaign with its 1st Annual “CA$H in the Hat” fundraiser.
- Benefit Held for Cincinnati Police Officer Stephanie Bradford
Cincinnati, OH – Members of the Cincinnati Police Department and Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office will be holding a benefit for Officer Stephanie Bradford this Saturday.
- Cincinnati Police Honors Fallen Officer Neighborhood Liaison Sergeant Eric Sierra
Cincinnati, OH – Chief of Police Jeffrey Blackwell regrets to announce the death of Sergeant Eric Sierra. Sergeant Sierra passed away Saturday, November 8, 2014 at the age of 39.
- Cincinnati Police Stand United Against Domestic Violence
The Cincinnati Police Department will host an evening of awareness to shed light on domestic violence.