Police Department Frequently asked Questions
- What is the phone number to the district?
- District 1: 513-352-3505
- District 2: 513-979-4400
- District 3: 513-263-8300
- District 4: 513-569-8600
- District 5: 513-569-8500
- Who should I call to find out why the power is out in my neighborhood?
You should contact Duke Energy at 513-421-9500.
- Who should I contact due to my home telephone not working properly?
You need to contact which ever company is providing your phone service.
- How can I find out if someone is in the county jail?
You should contact the Hamilton County Justice Center at 513-946-6147.
- When the disaster sirens are activated, should I call the Police Department for information?
No. Listen to your local radio or television for current information.
- How do I get a copy of a police report?
Please contact the Cincinnati Police Record Section at 513-352-3559 or click on Records Request in the Contact Us section of the Cincinnati Police Web site.
- Where and how do I contact the Impound Lot?
The impound lot is located at 3425 Spring Grove Ave. They can be contacted at 513-352-6370.
- Who do I call if I found an injured, stray or abandoned animal?
Please contact the SPCA at 513-541-6100 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. After hours, contact them via Hamilton County Dispatch at 513-825-2280.
- Who do I contact for street closures?
Call the ARTIMIS recorded line for traffic information at 513-333-3333.
- How do I find out if I have a warrant?
You will need to go into a Cincinnati Police District with a photo ID to find out if you have any current warrants. We are unable to provide that information over the telephone.
- How do I report an accident?
If you are involved in an accident and there are injuries, you should call 911. If it is a simple accident, you can exchange information and respond into any Cincinnati Police district and make a accident report. We suggest that you do this within 24 hours of the accident. Information that should be exchanged is:
- Name, address and phone number
- Driver's license number
- Vehicle make, model, color and license plate number
- Insurance company information
- Note the date, time, location and obtain any witness information
- Who do I contact to ask questions about traffic tickets?
Call 513-946-6041 during the daytime, and 513-946-6029 or 513-946-6027 evening.
- How do I report a pothole?
If you notice a pothole on the street, please call 513-591-6000.
- What do I do if a wild animal gets into my house?
Please contact an animal removal service as found in your local phone book or call 411.
- Cincinnati Police Honors Two Fallen Officers
Chief of Police Jeffrey Blackwell regrets to announce the deaths of Police Specialist Stephanie Bradford and Police Specialist Robert McGuire.
- CPD Officers Presented Awards from Hamilton County Police Association
Two Cincinnati Police Officers will be honored by the Hamilton County Police Association at its Annual Awards Banquet.
- PROMOTION CEREMONY
The Cincinnati Police Department will hold a promotion ceremony at 9:30 a.m. Thursday January 15th in the second floor conference room at Police Headquarters, 310 Ezzard Charles Drive.
- Major Crime Categories Drop In 2014
Final 2014 numbers show a significant drop in several key crime indicators.
- CPD HOSTS 7TH ANNUAL GET THE GROCERIES PROGRAM
On Monday, December 22, 2014 the Cincinnati Police Department in conjunction with the Cincinnati Police Activities League will host their 7th Annual Get the Groceries Program for deserving kids and their families.