Police Officer Recruiting
Cincinnati Police Department Officer Recruiting
The Cincinnati Police Department is currently in the process of hiring for the position of police recruit.
To complete the job interest card, please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.cincinnati-oh.gov
- Click on the link for “Job with the City”
- Click on the link for “Class Specifications”
- Type “Police Recruit” in the search box
- Click on the link for “Police Recruit”
Applicants need not be a Hamilton County resident to apply. Appointees must be a resident of Hamilton County or one of the adjoining Ohio counties (Butler, Warren, or Clermont) by their date of appointment and maintain residency within one of the designated counties for the length of employment.
The Cincinnati Police Department is a community oriented agency dedicated to working in partnership with all citizens of the community. Great benefits, promotional opportunities, and an exciting career await you as a Cincinnati Police Officer!
• Recruit salary: $31,320 annually (however the Police Academy is 26 weeks)
• Probationary Police Officer salary $52,790 – Top Police Officer salary: $63,383 (not including overtime)
Uniform and Equipment
Employee Assistance Program
Deferred Compensation Plan
Deferred Retirement Option Plan
Credit for Military Service
Special credit for honorable military service is given to Ohio residents who achieve a passing score on the recruit test. Non-disabled veterans will receive five (5) points additional credit, and a disabled veteran will receive ten (10) points additional credit.
Police Academy graduates are credited with:
- 24-college semester hours from Xavier University towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice.
- 18-college hours from the University of Cincinnati towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice.
- 9-college hours from Northern Kentucky University towards an undergraduate major in Criminal Justice.
- 20-college credit hours from Daymar College toward an Associates of Science Degree in Criminal Justice.
- 45-college credit hours from Cincinnati State Technical and Community College towards an Associate of Technical Study degree.
- 22 semester hours from Thomas Moore College toward any degree.
Tuition reimbursement is available to all Police Officers.
Minimum Age Requirement
Applicants must be 21 years of age by date of appointment. Applications will be accepted from individuals who have reached or will reach their 21st birthday by the cutoff date established in the current job announcement.
- Must be 21 years old
- High school diploma or GED (college preferred)
- Valid drivers license for at least one year
- Must successfully complete the selection process
- Must be a United States Citizen or applying for U.S. Citizenship