View the latest news from the Department of City Planning.
- June 14, 2013
- Brown Bag Informational Session
Marion Haynes, the City of Cincinnati's Zoning Hearing Examiner, will hold a Brown Bag Informational Session on the zoning hearing process and upcoming changes to the process.
- May 10, 2013
- Cincinnati Form-Based Code Approved by City Council
The text amendment for the Cincinnati Form-Based Code has been approved by City Council.
- April 24, 2013
- Cincinnati Form-Based Code to Livable Communities Committee
The final draft of the Cincinnati Form-Based Code has been approved by the City Planning Commission and has been scheduled before the Livable Communities Committee of City Council.
- March 14, 2013
- PLANCincinnati Recognized for Comprehensive Plan
The City of Cincinnati City Planning Commission is awarded the Frank F. Ferris II Community Planning Award from The Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission for PLAN Cincinnati.
- February 20, 2013
- Final Draft of Cincinnati Form-Based Code
The final draft of the Cincinnati Form-Based Code has been delivered to City Planning staff and is available for public review. Staff is currently reviewing the document, and may recommend additional revisions. The document can be downloaded within.
- January 10, 2013
- 2013 National Planning Excellence Award
The Cincinnati Central Riverfront Plan has been recognized by the American Planning Association as the 2013 National Planning Excellence Award winner in the Implementation category.
- December 13, 2012
- 2013 City Planning Commission and Historic Conservation Board Meetings Schedule
The meeting schedule for both the City Planning Commission and Historic Conservation Board in 2013 has been released.
- December 11, 2012
- Interim Development Control (IDC) Overlay Districts
Five IDCs have been established in 2012. These include Broadway Commons, Pleasant Ridge, Wasson Line, Madisonville, and Walnut Hills. Click the above link for more information.
- November 28, 2012
- The City Planning and Buildings Department will establish a new fee schedule for services to the public
The City Planning and Buildings Department have established new fees for requests by the public to administer change to Land Parcels, Planned Based Zoning, Historic Preservation Reviews and GIS/Data Mapping.
- October 19, 2012
- Plan Cincinnati adopted by City Planning Commission
On October 19th, 2012, the City Planning Commission officially adopted Plan Cincinnati as the City's Comprehensive Plan. The next step will be adoption by City Council.
- More Results: