View the latest news and updates from the Office of the City Manager.
- June 19, 2015
- City Manager Mourns the Death of Officer Sonny Kim
City Manager Harry Blacks offers remarks on the death of Cincinnati Police Officer Sonny Kim.
- June 17, 2015
- City Approves Biennial Budget for Fiscal Years 2016-17
This afternoon City Council approved a 2016–2017 spending plan for Cincinnati. The budget includes several modifications made by the Mayor and City Council to the version recommended May 13 by the City Manager Harry Black. It's Black's first budget for the City of Cincinnati.
- June 9, 2015
- WVXU Highlights Office of Performance & Data Analytics on Cincinnati Edition
City Manager Harry Black and Chief Performance Officer Chad Kenney Jr. sat down with Mark Heyne on WVXU's Cincinnati Edition to discuss the City of Cincinnati's new Office of Performance & Data Analytics.
- May 28, 2015
- GovExec: 'Cincinnati Takes Big Step Forward to Improve Its Municipal Performance'
Government Executive’s Route Fifty highlighted the City of Cincinnati's launch of its Office of Performance & Data Analytics. GovExec, a leading trade publication for government managers, has extensively covered the Queen City's efforts to use data and innovation to enhance municipal operations.
- May 13, 2015
- City Manager Releases Proposed Biennial Budget for 2016-17
Guided by his five strategic priorities, City Manager Harry Black has prepared his first proposed biennial budget for fiscal years 2016 and 2017. In accordance with the City Charter, he presented the structurally balanced budget to Mayor John Cranley on the morning of May 13.
- April 29, 2015
- City Finalizes Historic Pension Deal With Employees, Retirees
All parties involved in the City of Cincinnati pension negotiations finalized and signed a wide-ranging agreement today that will ensure pension benefits will be sustained for current and future retirees, as well as shoring up the City’s financial position for years to come.
- April 27, 2015
- Data-Driven Governance Earns Cincinnati 'City of Future' Title
Writer Susan Crawford calls Cincinnati the 'City of the Future' in a new article that highlights how the Queen City is using data to improve local government.
- April 22, 2015
- Cincinnati’s Open Data Portal ‘Opens the Books’ on Government Operations
Open Data Cincinnati allows anyone to browse through various datasets of information collected by the City to document how the government operates.
- April 8, 2015
- Sheila Hill-Christian Appointed As Cincinnati's New Assistant City Manager
City Manager Harry Black is excited to announce the hiring of Sheila Hill-Christian as the City of Cincinnati's new Assistant City Manager.
- April 3, 2015
- City Manager Pens Letter to Indy Businesses in Wake of Religious Freedom Restoration Act Controversy
Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black is inviting disgruntled business leaders from Indiana to the Queen City in the wake of controversy Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- More Results: