View the latest news and updates from the Office of the City Manager.
- October 1, 2015
- City Offers $10,000 Grants to ‘Engage Cincy’
Put on your thinking caps, Cincinnati. The City wants you to come up with innovative ways to promote positive community engagement, social interaction and participation.
- September 30, 2015
- Mayor, City Council unveil results of Disparity Study
Mayor John Cranley and City Manager Harry Black today discussed the findings of a Disparity Study conducted into the City of Cincinnati’s contracting practices with minority- and women-owned businesses.
- September 16, 2015
- GovTech: 'Data Programs Revolutionize Cincinnati Government'
City Manager Harry Black caught up with Government Technology reporter Eyragon Eidam to discuss the successes of the data-driven initiatives the City has implemented over the past year to improve government efficiency and overall customer service levels.
- September 9, 2015
- City Terminates Employment of Police Chief
City Manager Harry Black has terminated Jeffrey Blackwell’s employment with the City of Cincinnati, for cause.
- September 8, 2015
- FYI Memo: Year 1 Look Back for City Manager Harry Black
Harry Black took office as City Manager of the City of Cincinnati on Sept. 8, 2014. Over the past year he has been responsible for the day-to-day operations of City government in Cincinnati.
- July 15, 2015
- City Manager Harry Black Pleased with All-Star Week Execution
City Manager Harry Black offers his gratitude for a job well done in hosting the Midsummer Classic.
- July 2, 2015
- Updates Announced to Summer Safety Initiative Plan
While many aspects of the Summer Safety Initiative have already been put in place, plans to include an “off-day” group schedule and curfew centers have been canceled indefinitely.
- July 1, 2015
- City Adopts Financial Reserve Stabilization Policy
Today, in a 7-0 vote, Cincinnati City Council approved the Administration’s recommended policy for the management of the unrestricted fund balance, otherwise known as the “Stabilization Funds” policy.
- June 19, 2015
- City Manager Mourns the Death of Officer Sonny Kim
City Manager Harry Blacks offers remarks on the death of Cincinnati Police Officer Sonny Kim.
- June 17, 2015
- City Approves Biennial Budget for Fiscal Years 2016-17
This afternoon City Council approved a 2016–2017 spending plan for Cincinnati. The budget includes several modifications made by the Mayor and City Council to the version recommended May 13 by the City Manager Harry Black. It's Black's first budget for the City of Cincinnati.
- More Results: