Health Department Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I report tall grass and weeds?
Contact the Litter Control Line at 513-564-1750. The complaint will be taken and assigned to a sanitarian. A sanitarian will contact the property owner to cut grass of over 10 inches. Contact the Building & Inspections Office at 513-352-3275 for complaints about vacant residential buildings.
- An apartment is infested with rats or roaches.
Contact the Healthy Homes Line at 513-352-2908. A complaint will be taken and assigned to a sanitarian. A sanitarian will go to the apartment to confirm the report and will contact the landlord to remedy the problem.
- It's too cold in my apartment.
When the temperature outside is 60°F or below for more than 24 hours, the apartment heat requirements is: 70°F. Contact the Healthy Homes Line at 513-352-2908. A sanitarian will contact the landlord to remedy the problem.
- There's litter on a vacant lot.
Contact the Litter Control Line at 513-564-1750. A litter patrol officer will go to the lot to confirm the report and will contact the landlord to remedy the problem.
- Furniture is piled up on the sidewalk.
Contact the Department of Public Services Line at 513-591-6000 regarding evictions.
- How do I report dog bites?
Contact the Technical Environmental Line at 513-352-2922. A sanitarian will contact the complainant and coordinate the handling of the situation with a veterinarian, the dog owner, and other parties involved.
- I want to report a food-borne illness.
Contact the Food Protection Line at 513-564-1751 to report food borne illness. A sanitarian will be assigned to investigate the problem.
- What's the water quality of the Ohio River?
The Ohio River Quality Index is posted and updated at ORSANCO or click on http://www.recr8ohioriver.org/ .
- Where can I get a birth or death certificate?
Contact the Cincinnati Vital Statistics Office at 513-352-3120 for information on how to obtain birth records for persons who were born anywhere in Ohio and persons who died in Cincinnati.
- I want information about sexually transmitted disease and AIDS/HIV.
- I'm traveling. Where can I get vaccination and communicable disease information?
Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- I need immunization information.
- Who can I call about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program?
Contact the Hamilton County Women, Infants, and Children Program at 513-821-7012.
- Where can I find your clinic locations and services?
Contact the Health Department Primary Health Care Division at 513-357-7362.