Undy 5000 5K
Undy 5000 5K
Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013
The Undy 5000 5K and one-mile Fun/Walk is a fun event, but colon cancer is no laughing matter. This unique, family-friendly event raises funds and awareness, while also celebrating survivors and honoring the loved ones lost to the disease.
The Colon Cancer Alliance will be holding their Undy 5000 5K Run this Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013.
This run will require the following streets to close on Saturday, Oct. 12 at 8:30 a.m., and remain closed until approximately 11 a.m.:
- Joe Nuxhall Way - Closed between Second Street and Mehring Way
- Freedom Way - Closed between Rosa Parks Street and Joe Nuxhall Way
- Ramp LL - Closed
- E. Pete Rose Way - Closed between Broadway and Johnny Bench Way
- Mehring Way - Westbound closed between E. Pete Rose Way and Gest Street
- Central Avenue - Closed between W. Pete Rose Way and Mehring Way
- Third Street - Eastbound closed between Central Avenue and the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge
- Central Avenue - Closed between Third Street and Mehring Way
- W. Pete Rose Way - Eastbound closed between Central Avenue and Gest Street
- Second Street - South curb lane closed
Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes when possible and to reduce their speed and use caution when approaching the closure area.
For more information about this event, please visit http://www.ccalliance.org/undy5000/index.html.