Pete Rose Way Daily Closures
Section Of Pete Rose Way To Close For Pedestrian Bridge's Final Paint Coat
All traffic lanes east and westbound, as well as the north and south sidewalks on Pete Rose Way between Broadway and Johnny Bench Way will close from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6 through Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013.
Closures and re-routing of pedestrians and vehicles in the designated area will allow crews to apply the final coat of paint to the Pete Rose Way Pedestrian Bridge girder.
This is one of the last tasks to completed before the Pedestrian Bridge and Stair will open to the public.
- Pete Rose Way between Broadway and Johnny Bench Way will be closed.
- Access from Second Street to the southbound (LL) ramp to Mehring Way will be maintained.
- All garage parking entrances and surface lot access will be maintained.
- Beginning at 9 a.m. and re-opening at 4 p.m. each day, Wednesday, Nov. 6 through Wednesday, Nov. 13.
- All lanes on Pete Rose Way and both sidewalks will be opened to traffic prior to 9 a.m. and after 4 p.m. for the period.
- Pete Rose Way’s closure between Johnny Bench Way and Broadway will allow crews to apply the final coat of paint to the pedestrian bridge girder.
- TO COVINGTON, KY: From Second Street (south) on to Rosa Parks Way or Walnut Street to the newly constructed round-a-bout, and across the Roebling Suspension Bridge.
- TO NEWPORT, KY: From Second Street (south) onto Joe Nuxhall Way, left (east) on to Mehring Way, then left (west) onto Pete Rose Way, left (south) on to the Taylor Southgate Bridge.