Komen Race For The Cure 2013
Komen Race For The Cure
Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013
In 2008, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure celebrated their 25th anniversary. The Komen races are the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, with well over one million participants since 2005. The Komen Race for the Cure Series raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
The City of Cincinnati is honored to be hosting the local event again this year. The race will take place on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013.
The 10K Run starts at 8:05 a.m., the 5K Walk begins at 9:05 a.m. and the 2K Walk begins at 9:30 a.m.
To accommodate the race the following streets will close and remain closed until about 12 noon:
7 a.m. Closures:
- Freedom Way - Closed between Elm Street and Walnut Street
- Race Street - Closed between Second Street and Freedom Way
- Rosa Parks Street - Closed between Second Street and Suspension Bridge
- Ramp LL (Ramp from Second Street to E Pete Rose Way) - Closed
- E. Pete Rose Way - Closed between Johnny Bench Way and Broadway
7:45 a.m. Closures:
- Mehring Way - Closed between Central Avenue and E Pete Rose Way
- Elm Street - Closed between Second Street and Mehring Way
- Walnut Street - Closed between Second Street and Suspension Bridge
- Broadway - Closed between Third Street and E Pete Rose Way
- E Pete Rose Way - Closed between Broadway and Eggleston Avenue
- Eggleston Avenue - Southbound closed between Third Street and E Pete Rose Way
- Riverside Drive - Eastbound closed between Eggleston Avenue and Bains Street
- Suspension Bridge - Closed
- Taylor Southgate Bridge- closed
Motorists are reminded to use caution when approaching the event site and are encouraged to use alternate routes around the area if possible.
For more information about this event, please visit http://ww5.komen.org/.