Girls On The Run 2013
Girls On The Run
Nov. 16, 2013
Girls on the Run is a transformational learning program for 8 to 13-year-old girls that teaches life skills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
The Girls on the Run will hold their fall race this Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013.
In order for this race to be held Downtown, the following streets will close at 9:30 a.m. and remain closed until about 12 p.m.:
- Mehring Way - Closed between Gest Street and E. Pete Rose Way
- E. Pete Rose Way - Closed between Johnny Bench Way and Broadway
- Johnny Bench Way - Closed
- Joe Nuxhall Way - Closed between Freedom Way and Mehring Way
- Elm Street - Closed between Freedom Way and Mehring Way
- Central Avenue - Closed between W Pete Rose Way and Mehring Way
- W. Pete Rose Way - Eastbound closed between Rose Street and Central Avenue
METRO BUS SERVICE THAT NORMALLY USES THIS AREA WILL BE DETOURED AROUND THE CLOSURE. RIDERS SHOULD FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS POSTED AT THEIR STOP.
For more information about this event, please visit http://www.girlsontherun.org/.