DAV (Disabled American Veterans) 5K
Nov. 9, 2013
DAV (Disabled American Veterans) will hold its first national 5K event on Saturday, Nov. 9, in Downtown Cincinnati to honor the nation’s veterans and raise awareness for veterans’ issues and programs.
In order for this race to be held Downtown, the following streets will close at 8:30 a.m. and remain closed until approximately 12noon*:
- Mehring Way - closed between Freeman Avenue and E Pete Rose Way
- E Pete Rose Way - closed between Johnny Bench Way and Eggleston Avenue
- Broadway - closed south of Third Street
- Ramp LL - closed
- Johnny Bench Way - closed
- Joe Nuxhall Way - closed south of Second Street
- Elm Street - closed between Freedom Way and Mehring Way
- Central Avenue - closed between Third Street and Mehring Way
- W Pete Rose Way - closed between Gest Street and Central Avenue
- Third Street - eastbound closed between Gest Street and Central Avenue
- Gest Street - closed between Fifth Street and Mehring Way
- Linn Street - closed between Fifth Street and Gest Street
*Freedom Way, between Walnut Street and Joe Nuxhall Way, will be closed from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the after-event party.
METRO BUS SERVICE THAT NORMALLY USES THIS AREA WILL BE DETOURED AROUND THE CLOSURE. RIDERS SHOULD FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS POSTED AT THEIR STOP.
For more information about this event, please visit http://www.dav.org/learn-more/news/2013/dav-announces-inaugural-national-5k-runwalkrollride-in-cincinnati/