Code Enforcement Appeals

The Board of Housing Appeals resolves controversies arising out of the property maintenance and zoning code enforcement processes.

A written ruling or a written order to make repairs, corrections or alterations, or to obtain a Vacated Building Maintenance License, or rulings of a Housing Officer as it relates to Community Reinvestment Areas, such as denial of a tax exemption, etc., may be appealed to the Board of Housing Appeals.

Note: Orders to vacate a building, or condemnation of a building are appealed to the Board of Building Appeals, through the Department of Planning and Buildings.

Download Housing Appeals Form