Weekend Closure Of Hopple/Central/MLK
Weekend Closure Of Hopple/Central Parkway/MLK Intersection Scheduled For Drainage Work
The Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange improvement project will include the installation of a 30-inch drainage conduit, which will require the following traffic restrictions at the Hopple/Central Parkway/Hopple/Martin Luther King intersection:
Monday, April 29 through Thursday, May 2:
Various work operations will be performed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. During these hours, all traffic movements at the intersection of Hopple/Central Parkway/MLK will be maintained. However, lane closures will be in place to allow for work in the area.
Friday, May 3 to Monday, May 6:
Work will performed from 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, with the contractor working 24 hours a day during this timeframe. The intersection of Hopple/Central Parkway/MLK will be closed except for the following traffic movements:
- Southbound MLK to northbound Central Parkway (right turn coming down the hill).
- Southbound Central Parkway to northbound MLK (left turn going up the hill).
- Northbound Central Parkway to northbound MLK
In addition, the Hopple Bridge over I-75 will be closed except for emergency personnel/access. Detours will be posted for the following traffic movements:
- Northbound Central Parkway: Marshall Ave – Colerain Ave – Monmouth Street – Central Parkway
- Eastbound Hopple to south on Central Parkway: Colerain – Marshall – Central Parkway
- Eastbound Hopple to north on Central Parkway: Colerain – Monmouth – Central Parkway
- Eastbound Hopple to north on MLK: Colerain – Monmouth – Central Parkway – MLK
- Traffic from northbound and southbound I-75: Turn right at top of ramp to use Colerain Avenue to follow aforementioned detours depending on destination
- Southbound Central Parkway: Monmouth – Colerain – Marshall – Central Parkway
- Westbound MLK to Hopple Street: Central Parkway – Monmouth – Colerain – Hopple