Traffic Patterns: Waldvogel Viaduct
New Traffic Patterns Planned To Accommodate Waldvogel Demolition
NOV. 13, 2012 UPDATE:
The following pattern has been added to the maintenance of traffic pattern for the construction on US 50/River Road construction:
The westbound Elberon ramp is closed at the new temporary signal on US 50/River Road with westbound Elberon traffic detoured to westbound US 50/River Road to northbound State Avenue to westbound Elberon Road. Eastbound and westbound River Road are on flashing yellow, and the eastbound Elberon ramp is on flashing red.
As work continues on the U.S. 50/Sixth Street Expressway, the following traffic patterns will be put in place next week to permit demolition operations of the Waldvogel Viaduct to begin.
Work to implement the new traffic patterns will begin after evening rush hour Monday, Nov. 12, 2012, and continue through Tuesday morning Nov. 13.
- Evans will be closed at US 50; local traffic will have access to Evans from Gest Street.
- Southbound State to eastbound River will not be permitted; southbound State to westbound River will be permitted.
- Eastbound River to northbound State will not be permitted; westbound River to northbound State will be permitted.
- Eastbound and westbound Elberon will have access to US 50/River Road only by way of the new Elberon ramp.
- A traffic signal at the intersection of US 50 and the new Elberon ramp will become operational at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8.
- Maryland local traffic will have access to and from State Avenue; access to Elberon from Maryland will not be permitted.
- Westbound US 50/River Road to Warsaw Avenue will be closed.
- Burns, Neave and Church streets will be closed permanently.
Arrow boards and signs will be in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming lane closures, and all detour signage will be posted in Lower Price Hill.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.