St. Patrick's Day Parade 2013
St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Saturday, March 16, 2013
The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held this year on Saturday, March 16, 2013.
The parade will stage on Culvert Street and southbound Eggleston Avenue, and will travel north on Eggleston Avenue, then west on Central Parkway, then south on Sycamore Street, then east on Fifth Street to the demarcation area on Sentinel Street.
Everyone is invited to come downtown and enjoy this exciting event.
In order to allow the parade participants to stage, the following streets will close at 10 a.m.:
- Eggleston Avenue - closed between Broadway and Third Street (northbound Eggleston Avenue open between E. Pete Rose Way and Reedy Street)
- Reedy Street - closed between Broadway and Court Street
- Culvert Street - closed between Reedy Street and Third Street
- Sentinel Street - closed between Fifth Street and Eggleston Avenue
In order to secure the parade route, the following streets will close at 11:30 a.m.:
- Central Parkway - eastbound closed between Main Street and Pendleton Street
- Sycamore Street - closed between Central Parkway and Fourth Street
- Court Street - closed between Main Street and Sycamore Street
- Seventh Street - closed between Broadway and Culvert Street
- Fifth Street - closed between Main Street and Columbia Parkway
- Broadway - closed between Fourth Street and Sixth Street; closed between Ninth Street and Eggleston Avenue
Delays may be expected at the following locations as the parade will be held to cross traffic:
- Westbound Ninth Street at Sycamore Street
- Westbound Eighth Street at Sycamore Street
- Eastbound Seventh Street at Sycamore Street
- Westbound Sixth Street at Sycamore Street
The parade will begin at Noon and end by approximately 3 p.m., at which time all streets will be reopened.
All parking along the parade route will be prohibited. Metro bus service will be rerouted around the parade route.
For more information about this event, please visit: http://www.cincystpatsparade.com/.