Run For Kids
Run For Kids
Friday, Aug. 16, 2013
The Run for Kids will be held this year on Friday evening, Aug. 16, 2013. The run begins at 7 p.m. on Sycamore Street between Fifth and Sixth Streets.
In order to accommodate this run, the following streets will close or have restrictions on Friday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m., and remain closed or restricted until the run is complete and streets are determined safe to reopen (generally by 9 p.m.):
- Sycamore Street - closed between Eighth Street and Fifth Street
- Sentinel Street - closed between Fifth Street and Eggleston Avenue
- Eggleston Avenue - northbound only closed between Third Street and Reedy Street
- Reedy Street - northbound only closed between Eggleston Avenue and Court Street
- Court Street - eastbound only closed between Reedy Street and Gilbert Avenue
- Gilbert Avenue - closed between Broadway and Court Street
- Gilbert Avenue - northbound only closed between Court Street and Eden Park Drive
- Eden Park Drive - closed between Gilbert Avenue and Fulton Avenue
- Art Museum Drive - closed between Mt Adams Drive and Eden Park Drive
Local and emergency traffic will be maintained at all times. Metro Bus service will be rerouted around restricted areas.