Oktoberfest Zinzinnati 2012
Traffic Alert: Oktoberfest Zinzinnati 2012
Sept. 22 to 23, 2012
The annual Oktoberfest Zinzinnati will be held this year on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 22 and 23, 2012. Oktoberfest Zinzinnati is a two-day cultural festival celebrating the rich German heritage of the area. Plenty of parking will be available, but it is important to be aware of traffic restrictions.
The following streets will close at 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21 and remain closed until 5 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 24:
- Fifth Street - Closed between Vine Street and Sentinel Street
- Walnut Street - Closed between Fourth and Sixth Streets*
- Main Street - Closed between Fourth and Sixth Streets*
- Sycamore Street - Closed between Fourth and Sixth Streets*
- Broadway - Closed between Fourth and Sixth Streets*
*Although these streets will be closed, access will be maintained to parking garages.
The following street will be temporarily converted from one-way to two-way:
- Broadway - Between Seventh Street and Sixth Street
All parking on the streets listed above will be prohibited. Parking will also be prohibited on Sixth Street from Elm Street to Broadway. Access to many downtown garages will be maintained.
Metro bus service that normally uses this area will be detoured around the closure. Riders should follow the instructions posted at their stop.