June 29, 2013
The Cincinnati Color Palooza is the combination of a Spanish Tomato Fight, Big Bird’s Birthday Party and Woodstock!
The Palooza is a 3-mile course where an intense cornucopia of color will rain down on you and your friends.
The Cincinnati Color Palooza will be held on Saturday, June 29, 2013. In order to accommodate this event, the following streets will close at 9:30 a.m. and remain closed until the course is determined safe to reopen (approximately Noon):
- Freeman Avenue - closed to through traffic between W 8th Street and Mehring Way (open to highway ramps)
- Mehring Way - closed between Freeman Avenue and Joe Nuxhall Way
- Linn Street - closed between W 5th Street and Gest Street
- Gest Street - closed between Third Street and W Pete Rose Way
- Third Street - eastbound closed between Gest Street and Central Avenue
- Central Avenue - closed between Third Street and Mehring Way
- W Pete Rose Way - closed between Gest Street and Central Avenue
- Elm Street - closed between Second Street and Mehring Way
- Race Street - closed between Second Street and Freedom Way
- Rosa Parks Street - closed between Second Street and Freedom Way
- Freedom Way - closed between Elm Street and Walnut Street
Portions of streets around The Banks (Freedom Way, Walnut Street) may remain closed into the afternoon to accommodate the Pride Parade.
Drivers are encouraged to reduce their speed and use caution when approaching the event area and to use alternate routes if possible.
For more information about this event, please visit http://cincinnaticolorpalooza.com/.